Family Date: Target Practice and Smores!

How often do we work and think about everything else going on in our life and forget our family?! I know it happens more often than I like that's for sure with work, church, or just their basic needs we sometimes forget the fun times we can plan instead of errands and events they get dragged to.

With little ones this is so ideal and so fun!  I'd say any kids above age 3 or so would really enjoy this family date.


Setup:

Gather supplies - the Dollar Store is a great place to stock up on supplies!

  • Target (either homemade or Nerf target) I just used a concentric circles on cardstock 😏
  • Nerf Gun like this one - either with foam darts or these fun Q-Tip shooters are pretty low key too.  
  • Smore Supplies (crackers, chocolate, marshmallows, and fun toppings - caramel, peanut butter, gummy worms - you can get creative) 
 
You could go all out and get this bad boy (I'm literally drooling looking at it)


*note* We don't really shooting in any capacity in our house but it is always referenced to NEVER shoot at people with any weapon even a Nerf gun.

Procedure: 

1.  Decide how many shots each family member gets at the target and where they should stand.   The person with the highest total gets to pick the movie they watch that evening (or show!)

2. During intermission of the movie - write down possible smore topping and have the members of the family spin to see what goes inside their smore.  You can do all tasty toppings or a few Fear Factor level ones like mayonnaise (super ew!).  Even older to middle school boys would get a kick out of that!



I adapted the Smore Date Night idea from the Dating Divas into a more family friendly version.  They have some amazing printables all ready to go if you to want to do this  or GIFT it making it so incredibly easy!!


S'more Flavor Game




Personally, I made this date for our babysitter who has two sons.  I know she does SO MUCH in taking care of my kiddos all week and I know she loves spending time with her family.  I wanted something that would engage a teenage boy in family time and I think it did the trick.  One Nerf gun and printables then some packaged foods really was pretty cheap overall for a night of fun and would be something any family but one especially with boys would LOVE! 


No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top